“Value is perhaps the most misunderstood concept in business. Watch this quirky video to better understand how your customers think about value.”

The Value LifecycleTM Difference

Because Selling, Negotiating and Account Management in the B2B world are not disconnected linear processes!

If your business strategy depends on not just winning new customers, but retaining and growing those customers, then here’s how the Value LifecycleTM will help you effective execute your strategy.

Learn More About Value LifecycleTM

Training & Workshops

Value Lifecycle TM conducts customized training workshops for executives, sales management, salespeople and cross-functional team members. Our interactive workshops address real business issues and apply key concepts to participants’ businesses, live accounts, opportunities, negotiations, and more.

Four Big Challenges to Winning Big Deals

Almost every B2B business is confronted by the “live by the large deals and die by the large deals” issue. This is not unexpected as the 80/20 rule applies to most human endeavors. In this case, 80% of revenue comes from 20% of customers (or some imbalance resembling that). If we don’t get the top 20% of our customers right, it is virtually impossible to hit our numbers by trying to make it all up on the relatively small deals of the remaining 80%.

In this blog I want explore the challenges that customers have to deciding to award a big deal to you. Obviously, large deals are lost for a variety of reasons such as key decision makers leaving the company or changing jobs, changes to the business such as acquisitions that put everything on “hold”, or poor quarterly results that freeze budgets and projects. All of these are out or our control—and that’s why every sales organization needs a sales pipeline that is some multiple of quota because there are things out of our control.

Meet Steve Thompson

Steve is president and founder of Value Lifecycle TM, a strategy execution consulting practice that helps both selling and buying organizations position, negotiate, and close “must-win” deals. Steve works closely with clients to help them advance their corporate strategy, strengthen relationships with their customers and suppliers, and achieve sustainable business outcomes.

True Compass

Is this opportunity qualified? Do I have a compelling value proposition that will increase my odds of winning?

Does my proposal setup the right negotiation? What is the “right deal” for this opportunity?

Is this customer likely to renew? What is changing with the customer’s business that presents new opportunities for me?

Work with Steve